Sunday, March 4, 2012

Motivation

Where does motivation come from? Is in intrinsic or extrinsic? How do we obtain it? Is there such thing as to much?
These are all questions I have been pondering today as I have a lot of work to do and no desire to do it. Although I work on the tasks at hand, I am easily distracted and can find numerous ways to waste time. I seem to work better under pressure, but that pressure stresses me out. I found this quote that seems to fit my thinking.
“If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”
E.B. White

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love that quote!! I'm right there with you on making it a habit ;-)